As web and mobile app users ourselves, we understand the importance of protecting personal information. That’s why at Cuttlefish we are committed to storing your information as safe and secure as possible.
What information do we collect?
- We collect information provided by you when you register an account, including a username, email address, photos, vessel, crew and personal details. (Your username can be an alias)
- We collect your physical location as you use the app and as you provide it to us through essential map based functions of the app.
- We collect information you post in our app, including location, comments and photos.
- Our app uses internal analytics which gather information about the traffic and users interacting with it.
What is this information used for?
- Your email address is used to log into your account and may be used to contact you if necessary. (for instance; to reset your password if you misplace it)
- One of Cuttlefish’s many functions is a social media platform. Some of your personal information is collected to fulfil the needs of this social network. If you aren’t feeling very social, you can opt out of having a public profile in your settings at any time.
- Any comments and photos you publicly post to Cuttlefish will be available for others to see both inside and outside of Cuttlefish.
- As our app is map / GPS based and provides you with information on nearby products and services relevant to your needs as a cruiser. It needs to know your location to perform these functions. At no time will your location be publically viewable unless you share it.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
- We will not sell or distribute any of your account information including, personal details, username and email address, to any outside parties unless required by law.
- Site comments, prices, photos and forum / review posts you and other users post may be visible to people outside of the Cuttlefish network.
Still got questions?
- You can contact our team for more information on our privacy commitments by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org